Mimic Stage School is a Performing Arts School that teaches children from the age of 3 up to 18. Mimic Stage School is the other half of Mimic Youth Theatre Company. We have branches in Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage.
We pride ourselves on creating a warm, welcoming and encouraging atmosphere to help develop children into confident and highly talented performers.
We have extremely talented teachers that have first-hand experience in performing fields such as West-End, Film, Television and Fringe Theatre.
We like to keep our class sizes small so that each child gets more individual attention, helping to develop their skills; we also provide personal tutoring if your child is so inclined.
We focus on the three main aspects of Performing Arts - Singing, Dancing and Acting, rotating each 45 minute class between each age group over the course of the evening.
At the end of each term, we work towards different projects. Our Autumn term culminates in a small winter showcase; our Spring term focuses on our big production which takes place in a large theatre and our Summer term finishes on in-house assessments.
For more information or to sign your child up for a free trial please contact us here.
Mimic is fully focused on regularly adapting our school to ensure that every student is satisfied. Mimic is different in that our groups are separated by ability, not just by age, so that those students who are ready for more of a challenge aren't limited by groups separated by age, but also so that students who feel they might need to spend longer developing their skillset in their group are not pressured to move up until they are ready. Mimic also offers:
- A full written report on each student at the end of each year, with feedback on their assessments and class achievements as well as Principal feedback
- Small class sizes to ensure every single student's needs are met
- Affordable fees/cost-effective classes - our fees are kept low so that we allow as many students as possible to attend without feeling limited by expense
- Training by industry professionals - all of our teachers are industry trained or are professionals working in the industry to ensure that they have the best possible knowledge in guiding and teaching our pupils.
- Shows in large theatres - every year Mimic offers a production in a large professional theatre to ensure the students get the best possible experience towards industry work.
- Promoting positive mental health - we support #time4change and many of our students suffer with mental illnesses. We regularly educate ourselves in mental health and continue to work towards creating a safe and supportive environment for all of our students.
Classes & Fees
For class times, venue information and term dates, click here: